WSPR

West Scotland Paranormal Research

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Links  Events  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE RETURNED
Wed May 11, 2016 9:55 pm by Admin Zara

» EGLINTON CASTLE PICS 15/11/08
Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am by missNicci

» Hi I'm new
Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 pm by missNicci

» PRIVATE LIVES HAVE TAKEN OVER
Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm by Admin Zara

» HI GUYS IM BACK
Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm by HPS ANDY

» Kings Road, Elderslie
Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 am by Admin Zara

» SORRY TO ALL OUR MEMBERS
Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 pm by Admin Zara

» Presence in the workplace
Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm by phoenix1978

» Hello Everyone
Fri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm by Karian

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

October 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Impression 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Impression 1   Mon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

[img][/img]

Any impressions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm

ANYONE??????? What do you feel about this picture do you have names?? Dates??? What happened here? what is this area called??? More pictures will follow but try and see if you can get anything for this. Tommy have a go and you too Amanda.
If you recognized this place please do not partipicate. We will have other pictures for you to do soon.

Zara x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phoenix1978
Forum Member

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Fri May 08, 2009 4:28 pm

obviously it look like a well but I don't feel like its a well.

but someone died here from choking or suffocating?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Fri May 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Ok your close Tommy what dates do you get if you have a date or any names??

here is a picture at night with orbs

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 pm

[img][/img]

Hope both of those pictures will help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phoenix1978
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sun May 10, 2009 2:16 pm

oh...i know what the last picture means, but I won't say it out loud lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sun May 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Ok lol, Well keep it to the end for the others but you can PM what it means. But if you have any names or stuff please put in on here. Do not research the history if you know story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 am

Ok since no-one really took part except you tommy but here is the history

GALLOW GREEN CURSE OF THE WITCHES

In 1696 the town of Paisley Scotland had a famous witch trial concerning Christian Shaw, the daughter of the Laird of Bargarran, which eventually resulted in six people being condemned as witches.
When aged 11, Christian displayed all the signs of being possessed, apparently bringing up bones, pins and all manner of small items.
She blamed a coven of witches, amongst them her servant, and eventually seven people were found guilty of witchcraft.
One killed themself in prison John Reid and the other six were strangled and burnt on the Gallowgreen.
This is all that remains of the Gallowgreen.
Their remains were buried on a crossing now known as Maxwelton Cross, with a horseshoe placed on top of the burial site. This spot is still visible today although the horseshoe went missing many years ago.
Mystery and intrigue has long surrounded the slaying of the so-called witches in the 17th century.
The four women and three men were strangled at the stake on the Gallow Green in the West End of Paisley and then had their bodies burned on a blazing bonfire.
Afterwards, their charred remains were buried at Maxwellton Cross at a site marked by a horseshoe and circle of cobbled stones.
The mass execution at the Gallow Green was one of the darkest days in Paisley’s history.
The alleged Paisley witches – who were simply ordinary countrymen and women who used herbal remedies and forecast the weather by studying natural phenomena like the flight patterns of birds and the behaviour of cattle and sheep – had been found guilty of putting a spell on 11-year-old Christian Shaw, the daughter of the wealthy laird of Bargarran John Shaw.
The child, who nowadays may have been diagnosed with the attention-seeking Munchausen’s Syndrome, accused the seven of causing her to float through the air and regurgitate bones, fur, feathers, sticks and stones.
The men and women vigorously denied the allegations but the court, which was made of local ministers, wealthy landowners and government officials, found them guilty and sentenced them to death.
In accordance with the laws of the time, they were taken to the Gallows Green, just off Castle Street, and executed on June 10, 1697.
The gruesome scenes included the sorry spectacle of young brothers John and James Lindsay, from Formakin Mill, near Houston, aged just 11 and 14, clutching one another’s hands as they were garrotted together.
Katherine Campbell was carried struggling and screaming to the stake, where she called down the wrath of God and the Devil on her accusers, while Margaret/Jean Fulton, who was said to have gone insane with terror, spoke cheerfully about visits to Elfland and the Abode of the Fairies on the backs of magical horses.
Margaret Lang is said to have admitted consorting with the Devil in the Renfrewshire countryside but added that she had renounced sin and become reconciled to God.
The other victims were John & James Lindsay, who protested his innocence, and Agnes Naysmith, who laid ‘a dying woman’s curse’ on all those present at the scene and their descendents. Alexander Anderson , Elizabeth Anderson
For many years afterwards, every tragedy in the town – including the Paisley Canal disaster in 1811 which claimed 85 lives – was attributed to what many Buddies described as ‘the witches’ curse’.

A NEW memorial which honours seven Paisley ‘witches’ who were brutally executed has been unveiled – more than 300 years after their deaths.
The tondo – a Renaissance term for a circular work of art – sits in the middle of the busy junction at Maxwellton Street and George Street and includes the inscription ‘Pain Inflicted, Suffering Endured, Injustice Done’.
Piero Pieraccini, Paisley Development Trust spokesman, said: “We have been working on this for the past three years. It is a bronze tondo and has a stainless steel horseshoe embedded in it.
“The local folklore at the time was that, as long as the horseshoe was there, Paisley would prosper, so there is no coincidence that, when the original horseshoe disappeared in the 1970s, the town went into decline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phoenix1978
Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 am

well you said I was right about people being choked or hanged at this site, but its a really interesting historical story...love stuff like that lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi Zara,

That was interesting concidering I am from Paisley and have never ever noticed that before I know the maxwelton area well to so it just shows how we just take things for granted. As for the witches I was always led to believe (paisley folklore) that them witches were hung and buried in the paisley cremetorium/cemetary (cant remember he name of it think its woodside) near the king street entrance. Your right about paisley being in decline its a horrid place now we are glad we moved away.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Oh i hardly go in to paisley myself those days unless its to do with ghosties lol. Yeh its called woodside crematorium, been in there too got some weird stuff sound like a flute being played in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 pm

phoenix1978 wrote:
well you said I was right about people being choked or hanged at this site, but its a really interesting historical story...love stuff like that lol!

yeh you were very right about your impression tommy and well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kp2373

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:27 pm

I know exactly where the well is.......it is at the back of the shops in Broomlands Street and you can get to it by going down Queen Street, where Tannahill's Cottage is. The reason I know this is because I stay in the immediate area, right across the road from Woodside Crematorium. I must say that I have always been interested in the history of Paisley, even though I only moved here when I was 8 years old!! There is a lot of history in the West End of Paisley. It's a pity that Ferguslie House no longer exists and that this end of town has a really bad reputation (quite rightly so in the case of drugs I may add) and the Ferguslie Mills. There was the Paisley Canal disaster in the 1800's, which I believe happened where the houses in Castle Gait now stand. Apparently people have reported hearing people and children screaming in that area whn there was no-one around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi kirstie there has been alot of interesting history in paisley and thats why we would like to investigate all those places but its not always easy, we will get round to them soon as and if you ever feel like joining us on an investigation just give us a bell. Will PM details if interested and we can take it from there we have a place on mind the now but it will not be until after the new year that we will do this place.

Zara
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kp2373

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Would definately be interested in joining an investigation Zara. Don't have much experience in using some of the tools but have in the past used rods and planchette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:42 pm

planchette/Ouija boards is forbidded in our team, we will not touch it, but however we do table tipping and glass divination other than that we provide the equipments and you just show up and take part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kp2373

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Tried table tipping once but not much happened. I believe that planchette/ouija boards are not to be taken lightly but when I took part in planchette, there was a professional medium who opened and closed the session properly. I enjoy glass divination and all aspects of trying to establish some sort of contact with the spirit world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impression 1   

Back to top Go down

Impression 1
Page 1 of 1