WSPR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WSPR

West Scotland Paranormal Research

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Links  Events  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE RETURNED
Hello Everyone EmptyWed May 11, 2016 9:55 pm by Admin Zara

» EGLINTON CASTLE PICS 15/11/08
Hello Everyone EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am by missNicci

» Hi I'm new
Hello Everyone EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 pm by missNicci

» PRIVATE LIVES HAVE TAKEN OVER
Hello Everyone EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:42 pm by Admin Zara

» HI GUYS IM BACK
Hello Everyone EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm by HPS ANDY

» Kings Road, Elderslie
Hello Everyone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 am by Admin Zara

» SORRY TO ALL OUR MEMBERS
Hello Everyone EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 pm by Admin Zara

» Presence in the workplace
Hello Everyone EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm by phoenix1978

» Hello Everyone
Hello Everyone EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm by Karian

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hello Everyone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chris

chris

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Laughing Hi I am Chris originally from Paisley but living in Newcastle now but still visit Renfrewshire regularly. From a very young age I have been interested in all things paranormal seen some unusual things etc especially when I worked nights in the old RAI hospital way back in the 80's.

About 2 year ago I took my interest a step further (mostly due to the false misleading impression of Most Haunted but mainly becuase I felt it was a good idea) and began attending ghost watches and investigations up and down the country.

Cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 1:10 am

hi chris, the old RAH would have been a good place to do it still has the opportunity for someone to step forward and ask as its still there. We have big plans with paisley and are in contact with someone very special who has opened many doors for the team to assist along side and help. We are arranging a halloween event within paisley and at one of its locations with alot of horrible histories. Should you been in the area around those dates then feel free to join the tour.

Also i hope you have some interesting stories of your experences in the paranormal and hope you will enjoy the site.

Zara
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Zara,

The old infirmary is now the royal alexander nursing home ward 11, A & E department and emergency theatres and the mortuary were demolished when it was sold the peter coats memorial building at the back is now flats there are 1 or 2 stories of hauntings in there that I can confirm plus its full of many lost spirits and the chapel is one freaky place.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I wonder who to get in touch with to see if we can get in to the building!

Zara
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:13 pm

If I remember correctly it was a wee coloured chap that bought the building he owned quite a few nursing homes across the west coast of scotland I would initially speak to someone in the home first.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:30 pm

The home has been shut down, due to a death elderly woman fell out the window.
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 pm

When did that happen? You could try speaking to Argyle and Clyde health board think there main office is in hawkhead now they will know or should know who owns the building. But the question is did the old lady fall or was she pushed by an unseen hand? If you can remember the old layout you entered throu the main doors turned left at the A & E past xray to reach the stairs to the wards if you continue up that corridor there on the left was the underground passage to the boiler room which they use to transport the dead to the mortuary on the right is the main generator for the hospital and straight ahead was small storage room it was lined with wooden slated shelving in neat rows I always thought you couldnt store much on each of them lol and one night the power went of which triggered the fire alarm in the new hospital I had the fire and police up for about an hour checking the place once they left an electrician arrived to fix the generator he was crappin himself he told me while he was in there i was to stay beside him he use to work there before the new hospital opened and hated that corridor that small storage room use to be used to store the dead bodies when the mortuary was full (hence the small space between the shelving)sometimes the corridor was full of trolleys with dead on them and that generator went all the time. Some of the things he said happened were funny to me but he was terrified I have never seen a man soo scared in all my life the voices he heard the moans and feeling of being watched something touching him he said one night he heard a noise turned round and one of the bodies sat up on its trolley in front of him I nearly died laughing but he was crappin himself big time he ran out the buildin when he got power back on god the things i could tell you

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm

lol! GHOSTIES CAN DO THAT TO YOU!

I was very young so i wouldnt remember the layout much. I think i was 3 when i went in to the childrens ward. I remember going through set of doors from outside then turned right walked down a short corridor then there i was in the ward that i was admitted to. I remember i use to stay awake through out the night that the nurse had to call my mum out nearly every night. Me being sensitive when i was younger may have been the problem that i wouldnt sleep much but combine that with wanting mum lol. I remember the nurse taking me for a walk, so back out the way i came in when i was admitted, then walked up a flight of stairs and there was adults in their beds, but thats all i remember of the place. I was to young to even try remember that much to be honest. I have heard there is plans to have them turned in to flats, but dont know when though. I may just give them a try. Thanks Chris.

Zara x
Back to top Go down
Alan
Forum Member
Alan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Hello chris & welcome
ALAN
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/TeamRenGhostHunters
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi Alan thanks for the welcome, Zara the entrance off Calside road led into a wooden panelled area you went up 2 or 3 stairs turned right and straight ahead was a ward (think that was the childrens ward) as you walked towards it theres a corridor to your left and right then stairs on your left 2 rooms on your right(ones a cupboard) thats the wards in the centre of the hospital you went up the stairs and immediately to your left was another ward turn right and out on to the corridor turne left took you to the stairs to the doctors on call rooms and down again the ICCU dept was built at the end of that corridor think it was over both floors as there was theatres on both floors as well(out the ward turn right first door on your right was a theatre. I wonder what they turned the theatres into in the nursing home lol would be interesting to get inside it now see the changes made to it that surely alone would have stirred up some paranormal.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh i believe this would be a very active place to do, lol. We are busy with july but we should have space in august for an investigation. So would need to fish out a contact number and give them a call.
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Zara,

I would speak to the Argyle & Clyde health board to start with they should be able to put you onto the proper contact. If I remember correctly the building was built in 1890's so definately has a history plus a few ghost stories attached to it lol but I am not going to tell you guys too much becuase that will spoil the excitement and fun of any investigation. All I will say is that I spent 6 month working constant nightshift 7 days a week because no one else in the company that employed me would work nights in that building becuase of things they seen and heard (one guard actually resigned due to stress)

For about the first 2/3 weeks I was sort of unaware of unusual happenings (mostly put it down to my mind playing tricks) untill my boss phoned me at 2am on morning to ask if I was ok lol when I asked why all he said was I just wanted to make sure your ok. So at the change over of shift I told the dayshift that the boss had phoned in the middle of the night I asked him why he had spent some time working nights there and he asked if I had noticed anything unusual seen or heard anything not really thinking about it I said no he said I was lucky and not to worry about it. Everything was fine for about a week then..........................

Its a fascinating building I have always wanted to get into it to do an investigation is Dykebar hospital still there? That would be another great place think of all the tortured souls in that place

Have a nice weekend

Chris
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Yeh dykebar is still there and is still being used so we wouldnt get in there. Ok i will chase it up if i get this place your more than welcome to come back to renfrewshire and do this one with us.

Zara x
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks that would be great
Back to top Go down
chris

chris

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:49 pm

Hey Zara got an update for you regarding the nursing home I have came across an ex employee from there in Paisley and been told to gain access there is a contact phone number on one of the doors which door I have no idea but Im guessing Calside road entrance

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Great thanks will have a look.

Zara x
Back to top Go down
Karian

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I worked in the Alexandra Nursing home until 1999 and was still in contact with other staff for a long time
The home was bought by four seasons health care in 1998 wither it has been sold on I dont know but that was the last owners I know about.

That place is jumping with the unknown/unseen.

I worked on day duty and nights and can honestly say there is so much going on it would take more than one night to fully cover the size of the place.

fourseasons@fshc.co.uk

the email address for the company may be worth dropping them a line and see if they can point you in the right direction if it has been sold on.
Back to top Go down
Admin Zara
Admin/Team Investigator
Admin Zara

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks for joining Karen

Ive just emailed them hopefully i will get something back.
Back to top Go down
Karian

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm

fingers crossed
I know I for one would love to hear what you guys sensed there xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone   Hello Everyone Empty